Sunday, July 15, 2012

2 years!

During the week of swim lessons we got to celebrate 2 years with Xander!  Wow!  Honestly, it seems like much longer than that because of all the change that has happened in our family in those two years.

Even though 2 years has gone by I still remember those first moments with him, I still remember the feelings of fear I had and the trust I had to put in the Lord to get us through each moment.  My Xan Man has taught me so much, more about my inadequacies and the grace of God than any other experience in my life.

It was 2 years ago that we became "an adoptive family."  Before Xander came home I wondered what that meant, I'd heard it describe families before we became one, and I wondered if it meant we would be different.  Truth is, it's just a description of how a family is grown, you've heard me say adoption is an action, so we're still just a family.  However, we are different, simply because we have Xander...and nobody else has him! :)


June 27, 2010

June 27, 2012

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Precious Xan Man. I can't believe it's been two years already!

The Queen said...

I can't imagine our family without Xander. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that boy! Nana

Anonymous said...

"Gotcha Day" forever stamped in my heart!! Gpa Max