Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grandma Connie, Alyssa and Lindsey week!

Grandma Connie, Alyssa and Lindsey came to visit for an ENTIRE week!  My kids were counting down the days (or actually the whole month before) until they arrived and then when they did the excitement quadrupled!

We headed to the Rodeo on Friday night, which was a first for all of our guests!  I took all of these pictures around the table of our BBQ pre-Rodeo meal and they all turned out so cute I needed to show you!





Most of the activity was at home, although we did our fair share of driving and going on outings


Uncle/Daddy completed the new sandbox in the backyard at the end of the visit.  Sand in always fun, no matter your age.

Kiddie pools were a hit, there is no age limit on those, you know!

We had some free passes to a wildlife park about 1 hour away.  We figured we might as well go since it was free.  It was fun, we got to pet giant horses and camels (which I thought were kind of ugly close up).  The kids seemed to enjoy it, albeit a bit hot that day.

Cutie girls riding the tram around Sharkarosa Wildlife Park

Petting a baby joey

Lyla had asked if they could sleep in the living room/stay up all night while her cousins were here.  I said that was fine, so we prepared our snack dinner and chose 3 movies.  All 3 movies were watched, but everyone ended up in their own beds to sleep!

Snack dinner!  

 The 2nd course of the snack dinner was a candy pile...oh my! 
(during this 2nd course Mommy and Daddy snuck out for a couple hours for our first date since Lyla came home!  THANK YOU GMA CONNIE AND GIRLS!!!!)

They playing, squealing and giggling that went on while they were here will be hard to duplicate.  It was so fun to have them here, cousins are the best friends!

5 comments:

Megan a.k.a. "Emme" said...

That is a GREAT shot with the kiddos and Grandma Connie!

Connie said...

We had such a wonderful week.
Many memories were made by all of us. Love, love, love my family!

Little Spouse in the Old House said...

I am so happy to see these pics! I love technology. It looked like everyone had a wonderful time. From a grandma point of view I bet Grandma Connie had the best time! Love, Janice Porter

Heidi Leach said...

How fun. I hope my children can have wonderful cousin memories like your children were able to make during such a fun visit. Heidi (Halverson) Leach

Heidi Leach said...

How fun. I hope my children can have wonderful cousin memories like your children were able to make during such a fun visit. Heidi (Halverson) Leach