Friday, August 17, 2012

Yes, there is a part 2

Well, hello!  I'm surprised I have any followers left...and maybe I don't, I guess I may never know. ;)  It seems like ages ago now, but the second part of our road trip to Florida included another nephew/cousin and the infamous Winter the Dolphin!  

Clearwater, FL was our destination, as Mark is stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa.  We were so excited to share a few meals with Mark while we were there.  It had been 2 1/2 years since I go to hug his neck, and I think I got my share in while we were there!  
We stopped for lunch at a grill right on the beach!  We took a quick trip to the sand and water when we were finished with lunch, but for some reason I can't figure out where the pictures are.  I am a terrible photographer anyway, and with 3 kids it is even worse.  I think we are lucky we have what we do, sorry.

And the biggest let down in blogging history, here is our picture with Winter.  See her?  Me either, but she is there, and my kids saw her!!!

                                      
Our 2nd night there Mark took us to his favorite Hibachi restaurant where are kids were completely entertained with the chef cooking right in front of us.


From Florida we headed back towards Texas, but our next stop was Auburn, Alabama to see the coolest family we know, the Milfords! 

One last stop for an ice cream before heading into Auburn.

All the kids!!! 3 Milfords and 3 McNeelys!

I'm going to be a lazy blogger and send you to the Milford blog for better pictures and better story telling of our stay in Auburn.  Have I told you that the Milfords are the coolest family we know?  They are fun to be with, awesome to talk to, passionate about many of the same things we are, they have a Chinese kid :) and they are the best hosts!  Before we knew each other we actually lived in the same state, but soon after they met us they left Texas...hm, I hope that didn't have anything to do with us.  Well, anyway, we know where they are, and we plan to keep visiting! 

This was our last dinner on the road, and our last fun stop before heading home.

This was such a great vacation!  We got to drive, which we love, we visited family, which is always fun, Lyla got to see the beach for the first time, the kids got to see Winter in person, and we reunited with some special friends.  Life hasn't been all ups for us in the past few months, but vacations like this help us remember what is important...time together, and cherishing every minute!




1 comment:

Kristi brown said...

I love it! You guys look great!