Tuesday, September 18, 2012

6 months!?

Seriously?! 6 months?! She's been ours for only 6 months. She only been ours for 6 months? You get what I'm saying?  In some ways I feel like I have never had a life without her, really, that's not just a cliche.  In other ways this 6 months FLEW by, and it feels like last week that she walked into that hotel room and my heart swelled because she was finally with me, in the flesh.

In her 6 months in our family she has experienced much.  Although, I suppose that is a relative term, as her first 6 years were flooded with experiences that I will never comprehend.

Since joining our family...
*She travelled halfway around the world to meet her little brother and sister and start a new life in a place called Texas.
*She lost a Papa that she never met.
*She drove halfway across the U.S. and met a family that loved her for a year before they were able to hug her.
*She learned to swim.
*She got stung by a wasp.
*She got strep.
*She went to the dentist.
*She got her first vaccine.
*She tried chips and salsa, and it's now her favorite food.
*She went to her first day of school.


Lyla, we had NO idea what God was sending our way when He gave us you!  We are so glad that there is no turning back!  Forever ours!

7 comments:

The Queen said...

AMEN!!!!! We are SO blessed as Lyla's extended family!

Megan a.k.a. "Emme" said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to see her soon!!

Little Spouse in the Old House said...

Love it! She is so cute! Janice Porter

Connie said...

Love her so much!

Connie said...

Love her so much!

Kelly said...

Happy six months big Lyla!!

PhotoBugLis said...

Awesome!!! Congrats on your milestone!

Hey Allison, would you mind emailing me? (We "met" on BZ when you were pregnant with Macey and I was expecting Elena) I am beginning to think about looking into adopting and was hoping to pick your brain a little bit. My email is lisa lorta @ gmail . com. (No spaces).

Thanks!
Lisa