Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday Celebration!

I think pictures are more fun to look at than reading my ramblings, so I'll try to keep it short.  Lyla's first birthday with us was better than I imagined!  As I mentioned before, she was looking forward to it for so long and I do not think she was disappointed.  

Nana, Gpa Max, Auntie Meedo, Uncle Oobie and her cousin Logan all came from California, on her birthday, and were here for the party.  We all got to go out to eat on her birthday and she got a few gifts.  Saturday was the big party, where 50, yes 50 people were here to celebrate Lyla's day!  What a blessing!!!  

Thank you to all who came to celebrate with us!  It was truly a birthday to remember!



A birthday breakfast of noodles and eggs!  Apparently something she ate nearly every morning for breakfast, while in China.


Waiting for Gpa Max, Auntie Meedo, Uncle Oobie and Logan to arrive for the festivities!

A new purple bike from Mom and Dad!


Dinner at Kyoto!

A bounce house!

Friends!


More friends!!!


Daddy on the grill!

A beautifully decorated Repunzel cake and 6 small cakes...one for each year we missed!

Singing for me?!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That is awesome! Just seeing all those smiles made me tear up! We love you Lyla! Happy Birthday!

Sandra said...

I cried at the 6 little cakes. Lyla is an absolute doll!!! You are so blessed!!

Little Spouse in the Old House said...

Love the extra cakes idea! Prayers to your family. Porters in San Jose

Becky D said...

Lyla is beautiful - her smile is amazing! I love the extra cakes for the missed birthdays. Praise the Lord, there will be no more forgotten birthdays for precious Lyla!

Becky D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.