Friday, December 21, 2012

This time last year

Last year, on Christmas Day, our family was missing something, Lyla.  We still hadn't received our letter of approval, and even at that time we had waited longer than expected.  We didn't know that just a week after Christmas we would receive that approval, and in 10 fast and furious weeks we would finally meet her.  All we knew was that she wasn't there.

On Lyla's blog last year I posted THIS song.

Last year I knew that the child in this song represented Lyla, she was missing, and all we wanted was to wish her a Merry Christmas.  This year we get to do that, PRAISE GOD, we get to spend Christmas with our big girl!!!

As fulfilled and blessed as I am, I can't help but feel empty and burdened for the remaining orphans, the ones who do not get to be loved on by a family this Christmas, or maybe ever.  So, please do something for me, ask yourself if you have a child, in another country, or maybe just across town, that is spending this Christmas away from his or her family...YOUR family.  Before you answer too quickly, stop, ask and listen.

Instead of a New Year's resolution, for the month of January, I am committing to pray daily for God's plan for our family, in terms of adoption. Will you join me and pray for God's plan for your family?



Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a great post Allison. Interesting...as I got in the car last night to come home, rain pouring down, I wondered the same thing...is there another child out there, maybe even homeless in a tent shivering in the rain, that will someday be in our home? I wondered what Isaiah's Christmases would have been like without a loving foster-mom last year, or our family this year. I wondered what next Christmas would be like if every family that loves Jesus decided to open their hearts and homes to just one little child this coming year. I wonder...and I will pray with you!